Sunday, November 22, 2009

Duke Basketball...Is Under Way 2009-2010

As I start My season, with the NBA Washington Wizards, I still have a strong love for my Alma mater-the Duke Bluedevils of the ACC. I was very fortunate to be apart of Coach K's basketball fantasy camp this past summer and it was such a wonderful experience-full of fun. Yes, the men attending, play out their child hood fantasy, of being on the Cameron Indoor Stadium floor, being coached by former Duke legends and being able to have one-on-one with Coach K, the most fun was, interacting with the guys that worked hard and played with committed intensity. Most of these men are successful businessmen and family people, but they are as intensed as a Wojo, Hill or Banks (had to add that) What fun!

Coach K really put together a wonderful event and social gathering, not just for the men attending, but the former players such as myself and other legends. I look forward to being apart of it each year and look forward in seeing each and everyone. Great job coach and thanks for adding more memories to my adventures and making new friends. You always have my support with the program and family.



It has been 28 years since coach and I been together, in his teaching me more of the game and pushing me to be the ACC scoring champion (81') We even beat those Tar Heels, in an epic battle that went down to the wire with a last second shot to tie AND win, in my final game in Cameron.This aided in the producing of his youngest daughter (won't go there right now) and the beginning of an era of Duke basketball never to be surpassed. I am proud to be apart of such a fantastic tradition and even though my number isn't retired, my stats will speak for themselves and the time spent with such fantastic teammates as: "H" Morrison, Graybo, G-Man, Sparks, Juice, Klinger, V.T. (Vince Taylor), Larry Linney, Doug McNeely, Fonz, Bob Bender, Chip Engelland, and the Dog (Kenny Dennard) to name few, was and will be my most memorable moments EVER...in my life. Thank you all, my Duke family and good luck this upcoming season. I will be pulling for you! GO DUKE!

Look for the Devils to have a productive season and go to higher heights and achievements.
The Cameron Crazies will loud, supportive and continue to be the best fans in the world. Love the Crazies! The ACC will pack with excitement this coming season and I believe, there will be a NEW ACC champion before March Madness.Guess Who?

PREDICTION: Duke 74 UNC 71 @ Cameron Indoor this upcoming season.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sale uggs
uggs on sale
ugg outlet


sale ugg
ugg australia
discount ugg
ugg boots

replica watches

basketball shoes

ugg boots
ugg on sale

Anonymous said...

Thank you for everything. Always wanted to know why. Good luck in the NBA. A chance for a second time around. God Bless.

Anonymous said...

Great four years of a NBA experience as Assistant Coach. Thanks for everything Your great. Always